Thanks for stopping by to check out bebe a la mode designs' blog! I'm excited to share with you things that I'm working on. I enjoy blogging about parties, kids, crafts, recipes and the beautiful life God has given me!
Monday, August 15, 2011
Coconut Banana Pancakes
One of the things on our summer list was to make "fancy pancakes". So, I came up with these...Coconut Banana Pancakes. And they were goooood! Wanna try? Well then let's get cookin'...
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. buttermilk
3/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas, plus extra for garnish
1/4 c. toasted coconut*, plus extra for garnish
Non-stick cooking spray
* To toast coconut, place it in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until browned.
1. In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, milk, eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
3. Using a fork, mash bananas. Mix in toasted coconut.
4. Use non-stick cooking spray on large skillet or griddle.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop batter on hot pan or griddle.
6. Place about a tablespoon of banana/coconut mixture on each pancake.
7. Cook until bubbles start to form around the edges, about 2-3 minutes.
8. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
9. Repeat until all batter is used.
10. Serve with bananas, toasted coconut, butter and syrup. Or if you're feeling really crazy...Peanut Butter!
How's your summer list coming along?